What are your thoughts on Ovations Hair Therapy? Is it safe for African American women?It is not a question of is it "safe" because based on my observation there is nothing in the ingredients list that will cause you harm. I will give you my opinion based on a review of their website.
- Their claim is "thicker and stronger" hair - this is what protein does so what makes them so special?
- They incorporate DHT blockers in their products which is supposed to affect the hair thickness from the cellular level. (most Black people thinning is not caused by DHT)
- On the ingredients list, there is nothing proprietary or exclusive about their products that would make them work any better than what is already on the market
- The products are ridiculously expensive! $33 for a 12 oz bottle (It would have to be gold in the bottle before I purchase it!)
- Where are the black people with afro-textured hair in their ads and testimonials?
- On the website, the testimonials are NOT from people with type 4 hair (just like Wen, they can't cosmetically improve afro textured hair so it is believable)