Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Why Did Cathy Howse Change Her Products?

In 1992 UBH introduced our first hair product. In January 2011, we decided to reformulate. Although many who purchased UBH products for years were satisfied with them, some of our clients wanted to know why we would change them. The simple answer is -- to make them better.

Lotion creme is now Satin Creme
  • Replaced olive oil with almond oil (which has a longer shelf life)
  • Made the formula a lighter consistency
  • Removed the parabens (parabens are an old preservative system)
Dew Spray is now Silky Spray
  • Blended better to prevent separating
  • Better consistency so it stays where you spray
  • Removed the parabens
  • Removed the artificial color
  • Removed ALL fragrance



5 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to trying out the Silky Spray. I used Dew for years and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy
    I started using your system since this past summer. I am pleased with restoration of moisture back to my hair, If I only knew this information regarding black hair care many years ago--i would still have long and healthy hair. I am on the road to reaching that status. My hair is beginning to re-grow to its natural, curly state, I encourage African American women to use this product as a 'system'--you will begin to see results.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Cathy,
    I bought all three products from you in 2008 I believe...I still use them. So now do I have to throw them away?
    Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commend Cathy and believe she first opened the road for afro american women to know the truth about their hair. I am motivated by her and consider her to be the queen of afro hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy that you have a blog and that you're on youtube; do you have a facebook page?

    Also, why did you remove the oil from the spray?

    ReplyDelete